Monday, January 24, 2011

30 Random Things

We were posting at the Haus lists of 30 Random Things about ourselves. Here's my list.

1. My favorite car color is cream.
2. I have never dyed my hair, but it probably won't be long since the silver hairs are starting to make their presence known a bit too often.
3. I love desserts with lots of nuts.
4. I rarely wear shoes other than flip-flops or sandals.
5. It would take more than one hand to count how many times I have been deserted by "best" friends in my life.
6. I fostered a rescued Chihuahua, Ollie for nearly a year.
7. I have to keep a fan blowing on my dinosaur of a desktop computer at all times.
8. I would be cool with owning only GMC/Chevy Suburbans for the rest of my life, and would even be okay if it was the same one I have right now.
9. I still play trumpet pretty well.
10. I collect pens, journals, words, and books.
11. One of my deepest passions is cooking and creating/adapting recipes.
12. My favorite place is home.
13. I cry when I get too cold.
14. In high school I read 3,400 words per minute with 90% comprehension.
15. I hate speed-reading, and prefer to read slowly to savor the words.
16. Nearly every morning phone solicitors call my house phone, and when I answer there's no one there, just the din of their call center.
17. When we move we will no longer have a house phone.
18. I am honored to be asked to mentor someone, but cringe at the weight of the responsibility.
19. Homeschooling has not always been easy, but it has always been a blessing.
20. I feel like I'm being stabbed in the heart when my babies are hurting.
21. My favorite movie is "The Holiday".
22. I can get lost in the movie scores of Hans Zimmer and Paul Cardall.
23. I was drugged and narrowly missed being raped at 13.
24. I don't know what it feels like to be cherished by a grandparent.
25. I wanted to have 12 kids.
26. I have on occasion envisioned myself in the future as a houseparent to troubled kids.
27. I love Victoria's Secret "Breathless" perfume.
28. If I hear a siren while my family members are out, I have to call them to make sure they are okay.
29. I will always mourn the loss of the seven Barbie ball gowns my mother had made for my Christmas present when I was 10.
30. My favorite song of all time is "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol.

No comments:

Post a Comment